Effective adolescent substance abuse treatment requires different and unique perspectives than adult substance abuse treatment. Adolescent treatment requires that the clinician or program understands what creates change with adolescents, the unique challenges and strengths of adolescents, understanding of philosophies of adolescent substance abuse treatment, and understanding the best practice interventions that can be tailored to an adolescent client.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify several factors of what creates changes in clients.
- Identify and state several unique challenges to working with adolescents.
- Identify adolescent treatment philosophies
- Describe two best practice interventions
- Identify components of successful adolescent treatment.
Who Should Attend? This seminar contains content appropriate for providers that provide substance use services, clinical directors, case workers, supports coordinators, clinicians and other practitioners at all levels of practice (beginning or intermediate)
Featuring: Anthony Muller, M.A., L.P.C., C.A.A.D.C, Director of Clinical and Business Development, Wedgwood Christian Youth and Family Services